Do you like pie? So do feminists! They also love cake, cookies, creme brulee, baked alaska, shepherd’s pie, quiche, and many other delicious things that can be baked. That’s why the JHU Feminist Alliance is getting back in the kitchen on Saturday, April 23 at 9 PM in Nolan’s to bring you B’More’s Best Lil’ Ironic Bake-Off.
The evening will feature games, door prizes, student performances, and best of all FREE BAKED GOODS & PIZZA!
The evening is FREE… to attend and FREE to munch, however, if you are of the culinary bent, you could win one of three fabulous prizes and the glory of being Hopkins’ Best Baker.
And if you aren’t a baker, you can still win a FANTASTIC PRIZE, from our super-duper raffle, for the low, low price of $1/ticket. The best part is that all proceeds from the event will go to House of Ruth, which provides emergency shelter, legal services, and counseling for battered women and children.
The evening will feature the swingin’ sounds of the Smart Guize, who want you to know that they will bring it to you so hard that your GPA will go up a notch. Also a special thanks to JHU Foodies for providing our “celebrity judges” and for bringing their top talents to this contest!
So tie on your aprons (or bibs) and get ready for the ultimate yum-fest in Hopkins History!
1) $3 fee per entry, limit 4 entries per person.
2) Entries can be sweet or savory, but a significant portion of the preparation should involve baking.
3) Contestants must prepare enough for 30-40 sample-sized portions. Feminist Alliance will provide small cups for sampling, and we request that you do as much prep-work as you can before the event. (i.e.: pre-cutting sample portions so they can be quickly scooped into cups).
4) Board members of Feminist Alliance and celebrity judges are not eligible to enter.
5) You can give your entry fees to any FA officer before the Bake-Off, or at the event itself.
6) You CAN enter a baked good without being present for the contest or judging. Just drop it off at least 15 minutes early and make sure we have your info in case you win
Prizes for Bake-Off will include gift cards to Macy’s and Trader Joe’s.
To enter please register HERE.
To RSVP and invite your friends, you can do so here.
This should be a fantastic (and delicious) event, and we hope to see you all there.